If you’re a filmmaker who is poor or doesn’t have a plethora of money maybe you can relate to our experience on this project.
Our dilemma was:
- We are poor.
- We like to make videos.
- We had written an 18-page script we wanted to film.
- We don’t like to act on camera (the camera doesn’t like us; it puts pounds on us in all the wrong spots).
So, we had to figure out how to make something in the micro-budget range, while still utilizing quality actors.
- Use only a 2-person crew.
- Only 1 day of filming with limited and make shift locations.
- We didn’t have access to the most expensive filmmaking equipment, so we tried to be creative and frugal with what we had.
- We learned a lot.
- We had fun.
- We pushed ourselves to mental and physical exhaustion.
- We finished something most people thought was crazy to even try.
- We are still poor, but not any poorer than when we started.
- We still enjoy making videos.